Factors to Consider
1. Results vary from one person to the next. No two people are alike as to hair color and skin color. Laser hair reduction treatments must be individualized from patient to patient.
2. Repeat treatments are required for laser hair reduction, usually 5–7 treatments, 4–8 weeks apart. Touchup treatments may be required for some individuals.
3. Typically, 70–90% of the hair can be reduced permanently. There is nothing available that will prevent new hair from growing in the future.
4. If you have an active infection of herpes simplex in the treatment area, treatment will not be able to be performed until it clears. If you have a history of herpes simplex in the area, anti-viral medication is recommended prior to the start of each treatment.
5. Since the laser is attracted to the pigment in the hair follicle, if your hair is gray, white, blonde, red, or light and fine, there may not be enough pigment in the follicle to be successfully treated with the laser. If this applies to you, we may want to try a test spot to see if your hair responds to the laser.
6. You should not have laser treatments for hair removal if you are pregnant.
7. Innovative Aesthetics uses 2 different lasers for hair removal. One laser is called a LightSheer. This laser is normally used to treat people with Fitzpatrick skin types I – IV. The other laser we have for hair removal is called a Smartepil. This laser is used to treat people of color and people with tanned skin.